CAREER OPPORTUNITY | Automation Development Engineer
Are you looking for a company that values employees? Where innovations and creativity are encouraged. Someplace where your ideas and contributions matter and can make a big impact. If this sounds exciting to you, keep reading…
Located in Central Ohio, Cott Systems, Inc. has been delivering innovative record management products and services to government officials since creating our patented indexing system in the 1800’s. Cott continues to develop technology with a purpose through unique software applications and solutions for recording, imaging, and searching land, court, and other official records. As a leader in our industry, we strive to be the most trusted provider for preserving, protecting, and presenting official public records.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
We’re in search of a creative, enthusiastic, and hands-on individual to join our team in a Software Developer role. This role has primary responsibility for advancing our automated UI testing initiatives. You will work closely with many internal stakeholders, including our Software Development, Quality Assurance, and Product Management teams to develop and maintain frameworks that drive better customer experiences. In this position, you will be a member of our Development team primarily responsible for driving forward our automated UI testing within an Agile development environment. You will:
- Write tests from established manual test cases and validate proper execution within the test application
- Participate in cross-functional teams identifying high-value areas to test
- Detect, investigate, and fix test errors
- Review and improve existing applications and systems, making use of new technologies and methodologies to seek continual improvement
You are passionate about delivering great products with high quality and clean code. You can grasp complex problems, provide recommendations and deliver results. You are the type of person which every team wishes they had. You have:
- Proven success as a software developer
- Experience with writing test automation cases
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Business process knowledge; ability to understand strategic business views and how technology will be used to attain that vision
Worked in agile methodologies around technologies such as:
- .NET Framework
- C#, VB.Net, WinForms, ASP.Net
- Entity Framework, ADO.NET (or similar ORM tooling), LINQ
- Experience developing or consuming SOAP and/or RESTful web services
- UML and technical design modeling
- Multi-tier application design and development; Multi-threaded design and development
- Microsoft SQL Server
- MS Unit Test Framework
- Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- DevOps and Release Management
- Crystal Reports
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (15 days the first year of employment plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with a sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
- Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and flexible work arrangements.
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com with AUTOMATION DEVELOPER in the subject line.
The position requires the ability to work at our Columbus, Ohio office.
We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
Direct hire, full-time opportunity. No contractors or third parties, please.
Cott Systems is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.