CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Backfile/OIB Technician
We’re in search of an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our team in a Backfile/OIB Technician position. In this role, you will operate scanning equipment and computer desktops to perform document imaging (scanning), electronic placement of documents (indexing), and final review and disposition (QA) of scanned images. You will also assist with developing logic build steps for our proprietary software Online Index Books (OIB).
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity and have a desire to join a thriving and stable company then you should consider joining the Cott Systems’ team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
In this position, you will have a key role within our Data and Image Services team. You’ll be primarily responsible for scanning historical records and documents and performing quality assurance auditing within established guidelines. You will:
- Prepare documents for scanning (i.e. removing paperclips, verifying the accuracy of each document) ensuring that all paper-based records are accurately prepared before scanning; Reassemble documents and binders after scanning is complete.
- Utilize image scanning equipment to scan, create high-quality images, and index various types of documents. Monitor image creation and adjust scanning equipment and software as required; Insert image retakes into the appropriate file folders.
- Index documents accurately under correct document type/file structure; Perform quality control of digital images to ensure proper naming conventions are used, addendum pages are properly recognized, and missing images are identified and documented.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment such as cleaning the scanner, refilling toner and paper trays; troubleshoot scanning equipment as necessary (i.e. removing paper jams, adjust scanner settings).
- Perform redaction of information and verification of the redaction of information on source documents.
- Perform resyncing of Index book images accurately under correct document type/file structure
- Understand how the Index series works in order to work on developing search logic for the Online Index Book (OIB)
- Use MS SQL Management tool to modify and execute premade queries and use in-house developed tool to build OIB logic (In-House search tool)
- Perform quality control effort for digital images, OIBs, and record book project images; Identify missing information, errors, and other discrepancies
- Maintain paperwork associated with assigned projects
- Establish and maintain open, productive communication with customers and co-workers
You are a positive, team-oriented, and action-driven individual. You have the aptitude to learn quickly, the ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment, and are capable of exercising independent judgment and working with minimal supervision. You have:
- Demonstrated experience setting up scanning equipment based on the workflow and project requirements and the ability to perform Simple Scanning and Equipment maintenance
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (folder/file structures in particular) & working knowledge of Excel spreadsheet manipulation
- Basic understanding of MS SQL environment and ability to execute preset queries
- Ability to move and lift equipment and scanning supplies weighing up to 75 pounds necessary
- Possession of a valid Driver License and the ability to drive company automobile to customer locations necessary for potential overnight stays
- Excellent customer service skills; Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and independently – able to organize and prioritize time to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Excellent attendance record and work history required
WHAT WE OFFER
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (15 days the first year of employment plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with a sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, and great opportunities to grow your skills and develop yourself!
Cott Systems, Inc. is a leader in technology solutions and services for recording, imaging, and searching land and court records. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Cott Systems, Inc. specializes in understanding and responding to local government information management needs by building a partnership with their clients and the public that they serve.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format, referencing BACKFILE/OIB TECHNICIAN in the subject line of your email.
COTT SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO THIRD PARTIES, PLEASE
INTERNATIONAL SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION