CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Historical Document Technician
Historical Document Technician
Are you looking for a growing, privately held company where the average tenure of its team members is 15 plus years? Are you seeking a company that values individual contributions and encourages innovation and strives for excellence?
Located in Central Ohio, Cott Systems, Inc. has been delivering innovative record management products and services to government officials since creating our patented indexing system in the 1800s. Cott continues to develop technology with a purpose through unique software applications and solutions for recording, imaging, and searching land, court, and other official records. As a leader in our industry, we strive to be the most trusted provider for preserving, protecting, and presenting official public records.
We’re in search of an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our team in a Historical Document Technician position. In this role, you will operate scanning equipment and computer desktops to perform document imaging (scanning), electronic placement of documents (indexing), and final review and disposition (QA) of scanned images. You will also assist with developing software logic build steps for our proprietary software.
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity and have a desire to join a thriving and stable company then you should consider joining the Cott Systems’ team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
In this position, you will have a key role within our Data and Image Services team. You’ll be primarily responsible for performing digital image quality assurance and data entry of land and court records and documents and performing quality assurance auditing within established guidelines. You will:
- Index documents accurately under correct document type/file structure; Perform quality control of digital images to ensure proper naming conventions are used, addendum pages are properly recognized, and missing images are identified and documented.
- Perform redaction of information and verification of the redaction on source documents.
- Use MS SQL Management tool to modify and execute premade queries and use in-house developed software tools
- As needed basis, prepare documents for scanning (i.e. removing paperclips, verifying the accuracy of each document) ensuring that all paper-based records are accurately prepared before scanning; Reassemble documents and binders after scanning is complete.
- Utilize image scanning equipment to scan and create high-quality images. Monitor image creation and adjust scanning equipment and software as required.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment such as cleaning the scanner, refilling toner and paper trays.
- Maintain paperwork associated with assigned projects
- Establish and maintain open, productive communication with customers and co-workers
You are a positive, team-oriented, and action-driven individual. You have the aptitude to learn quickly, the ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment, and are capable of exercising independent judgment and working with minimal supervision. You have:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (folder/file structures in particular) & working knowledge of Excel spreadsheet manipulation
- Basic understanding of MS SQL environment and ability to execute preset queries
- Possession of a valid Driver License and the ability to drive company automobile to customer locations if necessary for potential overnight stays[LJB1]
- Excellent customer service skills; Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and independently – able to organize and prioritize time to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Excellent attendance record and work history required
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (15 days the first year of employment plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with a sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, and great opportunities to grow your skills and develop yourself!
We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
Direct hire, full-time opportunity. No contractors or third parties, please.
Cott Systems is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com, referencing Historical Document Technician in the subject line of your email.