CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Scanning Technician
Document Scanning Technician
We’re in search of an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our team in a Scanning Technician position. In this role you will operate scanning equipment at customers' sites throughout the Midwest and Eastern part of the U.S., returning to the office between projects. Frequent travel for multiple weeks at a time and a valid driver's license are required, and flexibility in that regard should be expected. If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity and have a desire to join a thriving and stable company then you should consider joining the Cott Systems team.
What You’ll Be Doing
In this position, you’ll be primarily responsible for scanning historical records and documents in-house using diverse scanning equipment, and performing quality assurance auditing within established guidelines. You will:
- Prepare documents for scanning (i.e. removing paperclips, verifying the accuracy of each document) ensuring that all paper-based records are accurately prepared prior to scanning; Reassemble documents and binders after scanning is complete.
- Utilize image scanning equipment to scan, create high-quality images, and index various types of documents. Monitor image creation and adjust scanning equipment and software as required; Insert image retakes into the appropriate file folders.
- Index documents accurately under correct document type/file structure; Perform quality control of digital images to ensure proper naming conventions are used, addendum pages are properly recognized, and missing images are identified and documented.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment such as cleaning the scanner, refilling toner and paper trays; troubleshoot scanning equipment as necessary (i.e. removing paper jams, adjust scanner settings).
- Maintain paperwork associated with assigned projects
- Establish and maintain open, productive communication with customers and co-workers
You are a positive, team-oriented, and action-driven individual. You have the aptitude to learn quickly, the ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment, and are capable of exercising independent judgment and working with minimal supervision. You have:
- Possession of a valid Driver's License and the ability to drive company automobile to customer locations necessary. The ability to move and lift equipment and scanning supplies weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Availability for extended overnight stays at customer locations.
- Demonstrated experience setting up scanning equipment based on the workflow and project requirements highly desired; The ability to perform Simple Scanning and Equipment maintenance required.
- Excellent customer service skills; Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (folder/file structures in particular) & working knowledge of Excel spreadsheet manipulation.
- Ability to manage time effectively and independently – able to organize and prioritize time to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attendance record and work history required.
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (15 days the first year of employment plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with a sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, and great opportunities to grow your skills and develop yourself!
Direct hire, full-time opportunity. No contractors or third parties, please.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer without company sponsorship.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial, or local laws.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com, referencing Scanning Technician in the subject line of your email.