CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Software Product Manager
Software Product Manager
Are you looking for a growing, privately held company where the average tenure of its team members is 15 plus years? Are you seeking a company that values individual contributions and encourages innovation and strives for excellence?
Located in Central Ohio, Cott Systems, Inc. has been delivering innovative record management products and services to government officials since creating our patented indexing system in the 1800s. Cott continues to develop technology with a purpose through unique software applications and solutions for recording, imaging, and searching land, court, and other official records. As a leader in our industry, we strive to be the most trusted provider for preserving, protecting, and presenting official public records.
We’re in search of a creative, enthusiastic, and hands-on individual to join our team in a Software Product Manager role. Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity where your efforts have an impact and help shape and grow the software solutions of an industry leader? If you have talent, initiative, and a desire to join a thriving and stable company then you should consider joining the Cott Systems team.
What You’ll Be Doing
In this position, you will work closely with internal stakeholders to determine strategic product direction to support the Company’s overall growth and profitability goals. You will:
- Plan, organize, and drive the direction of the assigned product line(s) from the conceptual stages of gathering customer requirements to market introduction and through the product life cycle.
- Partner with internal stakeholders, Clients, and/or Partners to understand client business needs and to define product objectives and requirements. Analyze business requirements to understand the business needs and to determine how Cott solutions can best functionally fulfill those needs. Gather and analyze data to create product roadmaps to support the Company’s revenue and profitability goals.
- Manage and engage with key stakeholders in the ideation process and manage internal product innovation sessions. Analyze the impact of proposed enhancements and new development and make product recommendations to key internal stakeholders.
- Gather business and development requirements and manage change requests for product and service initiatives of Cott and its customers. Work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements and define the scope to meet market needs and realize the product roadmap
- Align product development efforts to realize the product roadmap and ensure timely delivery of software. Translate business requirements into actionable software development plans and coordinate development projects.
- Manage the project deliverables associated with new development, product enhancement, and launch processes; Lead overall project plans for the end-to-end product life cycle across departments.
You're passionate about creating great software products, working in cross-functional teams, and developing first-class customer experiences. You are experienced, decisive, analytical, strategic, and collaborative. You thrive in a creative, fast-paced, agile, and often ambiguous environment. You have the unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience along with 5+ years in a technology environment.
- Prior product management experience and demonstrated success utilizing project management skills in an Agile software development environment. SCRUM and/or PMI trained desired.
- Ability to analyze and communicate complex business factors, product design, and technical issues effectively verbally and in writing across the organization and with customers.
- Strong business analysis skills and experience capturing and documenting user requirements. Experience writing user stories is strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of performing as the product manager in an Agile software development environment.
- Strong organization and time management skills. Must have the ability to handle multiple, concurrent, complex, and highly visible projects at one time. Effectively manages oneself to meet or exceed established performance goals (i.e.; efficiency, effectiveness, utilization, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to understand customer requirements and our products and then synthesize and translate so all parties understand expectations/needs (audience may include Executives, Developers, Sales, and Customers). Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (15 days the first year of employment plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with a sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and flexible work arrangements.
Direct hire, full-time opportunity. No contractors or third parties, please.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. Must be authorized to work in the U.S for any employer without company sponsorship.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial, or local laws.
Cott Systems, Inc. is a leader in technology solutions and services for recording, imaging, and searching land and court records. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Cott Systems, Inc. specializes in understanding and responding to local government information management needs by building a partnership with their clients and the public that they serve.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format, referencing Software Product Manager in the subject line of your email. Infrastructure & Support Analyst
COTT SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO THIRD PARTIES, PLEASE
INTERNATIONAL SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION