JOB OPPORTUNITY: Data Center Systems Engineer
Cott Systems, headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, is an established, well-respected software and services company that provides solutions to local county governments within the United States. We specialize in understanding and responding to local government record management and information technology needs by building a partnership with our clients and the public that they serve.
We are expanding our Hosting Operations team and seeking an energetic, motivated, and organized individual for a Data Center Systems Engineer role. The Data Center Systems Engineer shares responsibility for the company’s internal and external IT infrastructure including management of complex projects which require specialized technical knowledge. This role partners with internal resources, serving as a technical resource for the organization, providing guidance and assistance to internal staff with difficult technical issues including complex hardware, software, and implementation issues. This role also brings the technical perspective to external-facing activities including Sales and Support, with direct client interaction. If you have had prior successes in such a role then our Data Center Systems Engineer position may be a great fit for you!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Ensure the internal and external infrastructure is sufficient and operating effectively to support all hardware and software applications in an optimal and efficient functioning environment.
- Periodically review all systems for reliability, security, and scalability. Lead teams in Incident Response and Business Continuity planning and reviews.
- Implement and maintain hardware and software applications including Web, Database, File system, and Citrix based applications. Stage and install system add-ons and upgrades; Automate installation and monitoring solutions to increase operational performance. Create and maintain system documentation.
- Serve as a Technical Resource for the organization; mentor, teach and provide guidance to less senior staff with difficult technical issues. Receive and answer applications and technical questions, provide installation support, troubleshoot system problems, and provide technical training when needed.
- Provide assistance to staff on complex hardware, software, and implementation issues, and, when necessary, assume a lead role in the investigation and solving of issues to ensure a timely resolution.
- Conduct needs analysis of technical software and hardware requirements of the organization. Research and evaluate new software and technologies. Advise management of possible impact new software/technologies may have on Cott’s services and products.
- Assist other Cott Hosting team members with Infrastructure projects as needed.
- Be a technical resource for the Sales and Pricing teams in documenting, assessing the costs of, and pitching new business opportunities.
- Interact directly with customers and their IT teams in solving complex infrastructure-related issues or responding to detailed technical inquiries.
- Build business cases combining customer requirements, infrastructure implications, cost scenarios, and risk mitigation. Present to executive staff for detailed reviews and discussion.
Ideal candidates have the experience and skills below, are passionate about providing clients with industry-best technology solutions, and are looking for an opportunity to learn and work with a growing and dedicated team.
- 10 years of directly related experience working in a data center or private cloud environment is required.
- Strong technical skills/background with an advanced level of understanding of personal computers, software, hardware, peripherals, operating systems, MS applications, and networking environments is essential. Professional certifications such as MCSE, MCSA, A+, and Network+ are highly desired.
- Degree, preferably BS, in Computer and/or Business-related field preferred.
- Experience with cybersecurity best practices, audits/vulnerability assessments.
- Excellent organizational skills; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to handle multiple priorities and understand and be responsive to customer needs while working independently and under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people with varying degrees of technical experience. Technical writing/documentation skills. Excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work across the organization as well as with outside partners and customers.
- Strong knowledge of with experience working with Citrix, IIS, Active Directory, SQL database, TCP/IP, CSSCM, networking, and database connectivity.
- Hands-on server-class hardware build experience. Working experience with network hardware including but not limited to Switches, Firewall, SAN, KVM, and Server class hardware.
- System administration automation experience using scripting.
- Successful demonstrated knowledge and experience with infrastructure applications including but not limited to DNS, DHCP, SNMP, VMware ESX, Microsoft Hyper V, and any Network Management System.
- Strong working knowledge of Server operating systems including Server 2008+ and Linux.
- Experience with disaster recovery methodologies including hardware and software RAID, enterprise-level archive solutions, and AppAssure.
- Excellent work history and attendance record required.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (16 days the first year plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with a sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, and great opportunities to grow your skills and develop yourself!
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format, referencing DATA CENTER SYSTEMS ENGINEER in the subject line of your email.
This position requires the ability to work at our Columbus, Ohio headquarters.
We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
Direct hire, full-time opportunity.
No contractors or third parties, please.
COTT SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER