CAREER OPPORTUNITY | Document Preservation Scanning Technician
We’re in search of an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our team in a Scanning Technician position. If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity and have a desire to join a thriving and stable company then you should consider joining the Cott Systems’ team. In this position, you will have a key role within our Data and Image Services team. You will operate scanning equipment at customers' sites throughout the Midwest and Eastern part of the U.S., returning to the office between projects. Frequent travel for multiple weeks at a time and a valid driver's license are required, and flexibility in that regard should be expected.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You’ll be primarily responsible for scanning historical records and documents in-house and at customer sites using diverse scanning equipment and performing quality assurance auditing within established guidelines. You will:
- Load scanning equipment and supplies into automobile and transport to a customer site; unload equipment and supplies at customer sites and set up scanning equipment.
- Prepare documents for scanning (i.e. removing paperclips, verifying the accuracy of each document) ensuring that all paper-based records are accurately prepared prior to scanning; Reassemble documents and binders after scanning is complete.
- Utilize image scanning equipment to scan, create high-quality images, and index various types of documents. Monitor image creation and adjust scanning equipment and software as required; Insert image retakes into the appropriate file folders.
- Index documents accurately under correct document type/file structure; Perform quality control of digital images to ensure proper naming conventions are used, addendum pages are properly recognized, and missing images are identified and documented.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment such as cleaning the scanner, refilling toner and paper trays; troubleshoot scanning equipment as necessary (i.e. removing paper jams, adjust scanner settings).
- Maintain paperwork associated with assigned projects
- Establish and maintain open, productive communication with customers and co-workers
You are a positive, team-oriented, and action-driven individual. You have the aptitude to learn quickly, the ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment, and are capable of exercising independent judgment and working with minimal supervision. You have:
- Valid driver's license and the ability to drive company automobiles to customer locations necessary.
- The ability to move and lift equipment and scanning supplies weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Availability for extended overnight stays at customer locations.
- Demonstrated experience setting up scanning equipment based on the workflow and project requirements highly desired.
- Ability to perform scanning and equipment maintenance required.
- Excellent customer service skills; Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (folder/file structures in particular) & working knowledge of Excel spreadsheet manipulation.
- Ability to manage time effectively and independently; able to organize and prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attendance record and work history required.
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (15 days the first year of employment plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with a sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
- Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and flexible work arrangements.
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with SCANNING TECHNICIAN in the subject line.
The position requires the ability to work at our Columbus, Ohio office.
We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
Direct hire, full-time opportunity. No contractors or third parties, please.
Cott Systems is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.