CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Senior Accountant
Cott Systems, Inc. is a technology leader in recording, imaging, and searching county land and court records. Our clients are local government offices in 20 states and we are passionate about providing the best in class software solutions.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated self-starter who enjoys working independently while being part of a great team for a Senior Accountant role.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Senior Accountant will handle a wide variety of accounting work including general ledger activity, sales and use tax accounting, cash accounting, financial reporting, and analysis.
- Lead the monthly close process, including journal entries and account reconciliations
- Develop and maintain key financial reports and associated financial analysis
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of activity recorded in the general ledger and routine reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Prepare and file sales and use tax returns and preparation of income tax payments
- Assist in year-end W-2 process
- Prepare purchase orders and work with vendors on purchasing needs
- Administer the company credit card program including the processing of expense reports
- Be a key player in the year-end process, reconciliations, and documentation for use by external auditors
- Assist with yearly budget completion and periodic budget revisions
- Contribute to process design, improving the effectiveness or efficiency of existing procedures, and works on special projects as they arise
- Willingness to become a notary
- Complete special projects and additional duties as assigned
You are a positive, team-oriented, and action-driven individual. You have five years of accounting and general ledger experience including the preparation of monthly financial statements. You have:
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks assigned, while ensuring the accuracy of work and completion within designated deadlines
- Must work well independently, exhibit good decision-making skills and be a strong contributor to the accomplishment of department goals/priorities
- Innovative thinker open to change in order to improve processes, strengthen controls, gain efficiencies, etc.
- Customer-oriented focus in communications with internal and external customers
- Operate as a team player
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of financial and personnel information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and experience with financial accounting systems
- Exceptional work history and attendance record required.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (15 days the first year of employment plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with a sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, and great opportunities to grow your skills and develop yourself!
Cott Systems, Inc. is a leader in technology solutions and services for recording, imaging, and searching land and court records. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Cott Systems, Inc. specializes in understanding and responding to local government information management needs by building a partnership with their clients and the public that they serve.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format, referencing SENIOR ACCOUNTANT in the subject line of your email. Infrastructure & Support Analyst
COTT SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO THIRD PARTIES, PLEASE
INTERNATIONAL SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION