CAREER OPPORTUNITY | Software Business Analyst
We are looking for an experienced Software Business Analyst professional who wants to have an impact and help shape and grow the software solutions of an industry leader. If you have talent, initiative, and a desire to join a thriving and stable company then you should consider joining the Cott Systems’ team. The Software Business Analyst will help build and grow our core product line by engaging with our customers, sales, and technical teams, interpreting our customers' needs, and defining product requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
This role requires in-depth product knowledge and an understanding of underlying technical and functional relationships, as well as extensive cross-organization collaboration, performing market research, interfacing with various business stakeholders and customers to identify requirements, converting them to functional specs, and prioritizing features. In this position, you will:
- Engage with customers and internal stakeholders in ideation process; Translate customer business requirements into product requirements and functional documentation.
- Perform market research: document tendencies in existing customers, trends in our industry, and competitive research.
- Develop written requirements and assist in creating/validating mockups. Create annotated wireframes, task flows, and user scenarios to support and articulate the vision of the product line. Assist in managing prioritization of new product enhancements and bugs/fixes.
- Communicate with customers throughout the agile development cycle.
- Participate in visits to customer sites to keep a pulse on customer challenges and needs.
- Lead virtual and in-person user group meetings. Create and analyze results of customer surveys.
- Provide recommendations for the best user experiences and product enhancements with the goal of delighting the client.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent along with 5 years in a technology environment. PMO trained a plus.
- Proven track record of performing as a software Business Analyst with the ability to analyze and communicate complex business factors, product design, and technical issues effectively, both verbally and in written communication across the organization.
- Strong project management, organization, and time management skills. Must have the ability to handle multiple, concurrent, complex, and highly visible projects at one time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to understand customer requirements and our products and then synthesize and translate so all parties understand expectations/needs (audience may include Executives, Developers, Sales, and Customers). Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build and maintain strong and effective working relationships and to influence cross functions within the organization without formal authority. Ability to collaborate with internal teams/stakeholders and external stakeholders to support the development, testing, and launch of products and services.
- Strong PC skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Goal-oriented, able to innovate and think creatively to bring complex development projects to close.
- Excellent work history and attendance record required.
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (15 days the first year of employment plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with a sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
- Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and flexible work arrangements.
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with SOFTWARE BUSINESS ANALYST in the subject line.
The position requires the ability to work at our Columbus, Ohio office.
We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
Direct hire, full-time opportunity. No contractors or third parties, please.
Cott Systems is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.