CAREER OPPORTUNITY | Software Development - Player/Coach Role
We are currently seeking a Software Developer for a Player/Coach role who enjoys coding in addition to providing technical and team leadership. This Player/Coach role is a leader and coding partner within an agile development team responsible for aligning software development efforts to the product roadmap and ensure timely delivery of software, software maintenance, and software enhancements. The position is approximately 40% managerial and 60% software development.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
In this position, you will be a member of our Development team primarily responsible for performing "hands-on" coding within an Agile development environment. You will be responsible to lead a group of developers while continuing to working in a direct technical capacity. Some of the responsibilities of the role are:
- Participate in cross-functional code walkthroughs and reviews; Detect, investigate, and fix defects.
- Review and improve on existing applications and systems, making use of new technologies and methodologies to seek continual improvement.
- Partner with internal stakeholders, Clients, and/or Partners to understand client business needs and software functionality objectives.
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements and define the scope to meet market needs and realize the product roadmaps.
- Evaluate existing applications to determine technical changes, schedules projects, resources, and monitors project timelines.
- Identify appropriate resources and assign developers to projects and give direction with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives. Provide team with appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively.
- Act as a highly competent advisor to the team and the organization. Help resolve technical issues and serve as a technical resource for other departments.
You have a technical mindset with great attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. You have Business process knowledge – the ability to understand strategic views of the business and how technology will be used to attain that vision. You can grasp complex problems, provide recommendations and deliver results. You enjoy coaching and mentoring others and you are the type of person which every team wishes they had. You have:
- C#, VB.Net, WinForms, ASP.Net
- Entity Framework, ADO.NET (or similar ORM tooling), LINQ
- Experience developing or consuming SOAP and/or RESTful web services
- UML and technical design modeling
- Multi-tier application design and development; Multi-threaded design and development
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- DevOps and Release Management
- Crystal Reports
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience along with 8+ years in a technology environment. Proven management experience and leadership abilities. Ability to motivate, develop, and coach less senior staff. Able to provide leadership and direction to staff.
- Strong organization and time management skills. Must have the ability to handle multiple, concurrent, complex, and highly visible projects at one time.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to understand customer requirements and our products and then synthesize and translate so parties understand expectations/needs (audience may include Executives, Developers, Sales, and Customers). Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build and maintain strong and effective working. Ability to collaborate with internal teams/stakeholders and external stakeholders to support the development, testing, and launch of products and services.
- Goal-oriented, able to innovate and think creatively to bring complex development projects to close.
- The ability to commute to Columbus, Ohio office as required.
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (15 days the first year of employment plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with a sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
- Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and flexible work arrangements.
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com with SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ROLE in the subject line.
The position requires the ability to work at our Columbus, Ohio office.
We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
Direct hire, full-time opportunity. No contractors or third parties, please.
Cott Systems is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.