CAREER OPPORTUNITY | Software Quality Assurance Specialist
We’re looking for an individual that is passionate about software quality assurance who is self-motivated, energetic, and who has a sharp eye in spotting mistakes within software applications with the ability to execute software testing solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a software tester, you will execute quality assurance activities to ensure that the standards and requirements of our software applications are met. You will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to improve development and quality assurance processes. Working closely with software developers and technical support, you’ll be involved in:
- Determining time estimates and testing priorities
- Executing test plans based on hardware and software requirements and technical specifications
- Detecting hardware and software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected
- Documenting and reporting issues; tracking issue resolution
- Participating in communicating software updates to implementation and customer support teams- Maintaining quality assurance and documentation versioning
Ideal candidates have 3 years of experience in a software development environment as a tester, are exceptionally good at identifying inconsistencies and flaws within software applications, believe in personal and team accountability, and possess good skills in problem/issue identification, documentation, tracking, and resolution. Experience with automated testing tools is a plus.
Our team members enjoy a part-time remote work environment, competitive compensation, and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (15 days the first year of employment plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with a sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
- Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and flexible work arrangements.
This position participates in a hybrid work schedule - 2 days per week in the office and 3 days per week remote working.
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with SOFTWARE QA SPECIALIST in the subject line.
The position requires the ability to work at our Columbus, Ohio office.
We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
Direct hire, full-time opportunity. No contractors or third parties, please.
Cott Systems is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.