CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Software Quality Assurance Manager
Are you a motivated Software Quality Assurance professional with experience leading a team who is a self-starter and enjoys working independently while also being part of a great team? Do you have a continuous desire to learn and excellent problem-solving skills? If this describes you, we may have the role for you!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a passionate Software Quality Assurance Manager, you will be a leader in the testing and support of industry As a passionate Software Quality Assurance Manager, you will be a leader in the testing and support of industry-leading software solutions. You will leverage both the science and the art of testing to create, maintain and drive a continuous improvement program and will ensure that customer Quality Assurance, Quality Monitoring, and Testing obligations are exceeded. This is a role that requires an individual to act as a QA/Testing leader and manage staff on multiple projects. Key aspects and responsibilities of the role include:
- Define, implement and maintain Quality Assurance business processes and procedures.
- Research and develop an understanding of the market requirements for the product, including how the product is actually used by our customers.
- Work with Product Management and Software Development teams to develop project schedules and plan resource allocation for QA-related projects.
- Develop test plans for each product release and define test cases to support the test plan.
- Perform testing duties, meaning this is a hands-on role where the manager will be writing test cases, testing the product, and using selected tools.
- Work with Customer Support to duplicate field-reported issues and resolve them within a timely manner, adhering to Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Research, define, implement and maintain Quality Assurance business processes including improved testing methods, processes, tools, and tests systems.
- Update QA process documentation, communicate to stakeholders, and hold regular QA meetings to ensure stakeholders remain knowledgeable about procedures, schedules, and KPI’s.
- Manage the Quality Assurance staff and projects, assigning and monitoring work, and training and mentoring staff.
Ideal candidates have six to nine years of experience in product testing or development and prior experience successfully leading a team. Additional requirements include:
- Excellent testing skills, with demonstrated knowledge of test automation, planning, scheduling, processes, and execution.
- Strong communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively with Developers, Product Managers, and outside partners.
- Understanding of best practices for Quality Assurance business processes and metric management.
- Strong experience testing Web Applications, Desktop Applications, Web and Micro services. Good understanding of Team Foundation.
- Strong experience with various testing tools/applications (i.e. Ranorex, Selinium, HP Quality Center, Microsoft Test Manager).
- Experience supervising employees, leading teams, and providing daily direction.
- Excellent work history and attendance record.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (15 days the first year of employment plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with a sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, and great opportunities to grow your skills and develop yourself!
Cott Systems, Inc. is a leader in technology solutions and services for recording, imaging, and searching land and court records. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Cott Systems, Inc. specializes in understanding and responding to local government information management needs by building a partnership with their clients and the public that they serve.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format, referencing SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER in the subject line of your email. Infrastructure & Support Analyst
COTT SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO THIRD PARTIES, PLEASE
INTERNATIONAL SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION