JOB OPPORTUNITY: Account Executive OH, IN, KY, MI
What drives your success as a salesperson? Is it…
…the introduction of new technologies to the market?
…helping your customers achieve their goals?
…the exhilaration of winning in a competitive field?
…financial opportunity directly related to your results?
We have the opportunity for the right individual that lives in the state of Ohio, Indiana, or Kentucky to transform an established market through the introduction of innovative technology to a well-defined target customer. We are not a start-up, but a 100+ year old company with knowledge of the market, the knowledge to apply technology in the market, and the technology the market wants. This is a competitive place, so this opportunity will require an individual who knows how to separate themselves, their company, and their technology from the competition.
To be successful you will have to sell, not simply take orders, so the right person must be a highly motivated, confident, hard-working selling professional. Is this the opportunity for you?
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will be creating, pursuing, and closing sales opportunities with government officials within your assigned territory. You will be the face of the company within your assigned territory of OH, KY, IN, and MI. You will be the conduit between the company and your territory. Account management and territory management will be your responsibility. You will need to know everyone in your market and everyone in your market will need to know you. Proven experience selling software solutions to government entities is a plus. You will:
- Be responsible for sales activities within assigned territory including prospecting, developing relationships, creating/pursuing/closing sales to new accounts as well as increasing revenue with existing customers through cross-sales.
- Work with marketing, sales support, and management to establish a marketing communication plan for the assigned territory to promote the company’s products and services.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner. Prepare sales and marketing proposals for customers on products and services. Actively participate in the coordination and facilitation of trade shows, user group meetings, and industry conventions.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of industry trends, technical developments, and government regulations that affect the target market. Establish and maintain industry contacts to cultivate sales opportunities.
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning. Research, develop, and maintain long and short-range sales goals within the assigned region. Produce regular sales planning and forecasting plans. Monitor, analyze, and communicate sales data, via management software, to contribute to the product/service planning. Maintain accurate records in the sales CRM regarding activity, pipeline development, and forecasting.
- Provide problem resolution, client satisfaction, and sales follow-up.
You are passionate about sales and providing best in class solutions to your customer base. You love new technology. You expect to win every opportunity because you do the work required to win every opportunity. You deliver results. You have:
- Proven success in prospecting, relationship building, and selling technical solutions and systems
- Broad knowledge and demonstrated experience in solutions-oriented selling with a consultancy value-added approach to specific industry and customer needs
- The ability to be creative in identifying and developing relationships with customers and potential customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally with customers and company staff; The ability to be proficient in Company’s products and services, and communicate value to current and potential customers
- Strong track record of achieving results; Excellent work ethic and sales abilities
- Ability to formulate sales and marketing plans for designated territory, region or specific client needs
- Five plus years of software/technology sales experience with a background in government sales preferred
- Sales experience with ECM (enterprise content management)/document management systems; case management systems and land records systems experience a plus
- Commitment to excellence, integrity, accountability, and professionalism
- The ability to travel approximately 50% - 75% on overnight stays
WHAT WE OFFER
Cott Systems is a leader in technology solutions and services for recording, imaging, and searching public records. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Cott specializes in understanding and responding to local government information management needs by building partnerships with our customers and the public that they serve.
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (16 days the first year plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with a sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, and great opportunities to grow your skills and develop yourself!
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format, referencing ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE in the subject line of your email.
This position requires the ability to work at our Columbus, Ohio headquarters.
We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
Direct hire, full-time opportunity.
No contractors or third parties, please.
COTT SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER