PRESERVE & PRESENT HISTORICAL RECORDS ONLINE
For many years, local governments have enjoyed the benefits of automated record filing systems, but most jurisdictions only have electronic records dating back to the 70’s or 80’s when their first records management system was installed. Traditional digitization and indexing methods brought increased value to the searching public, but the process was extremely time-consuming, expensive, and opened up liability risks as humans input the data.
read the Success Story >>
Online Index Books (OIB) is a better alternative. By combining digital images of the index books and related record books with our unique retrieval software, OIB mimics your hardcopy systems in exactly the same way searchers look for records in your office. Because the original design and integrity of your filing system remain unchanged, OIB dramatically reduces the expense and assumed liability of interpreting older, handwritten records.
OIB complements your existing records management system to expand access to your historical records. Our intuitive search empowers your constituents with convenient 24/7 access to your records. Users enter search criteria and are placed on the first page of the index where the information resides. Users then electronically “page” through the appropriate section to find what they need. Once located users enter the book and page of the document to retrieve its image. Customize for your office, OIB eliminates manual searching, saving wear and tear on your valuable historical records
ONLINE INDEX BOOKS BENEFITS
- Anytime, anywhere online access to your historical records for your constituents
- Increase efficiency by searching historical records remotely from your desktop
- Customized specifically for your office to mimic your existing paper-based system
- Costs less than reindexing and projects can be done in phases to fit your budget
- Complements your current system to provide access to your entire library of records
- Secure, electronic backup of your important records and documents
DOWNLOAD THE ONLINE INDEX BOOKS DATASHEET